facebook-logo twitter-logo

  • Parent Category: News

Hoopeston house fire, no injury

The State Fire Marshall was in Hoopeston Friday looking for the cause of a fire that left three families homeless. Fortunately, there was no injury.

The Red Cross was helping the victims make other living arrangements. The three families are counting their blessings after the house caught fire Thursday. The owner lived in the basement and the rest of the house was divided into apartments.

Fire officials reported everyone got out safely, including pets.

A cause wasn't immediately determined.

Hoopeston firemen were assisted by Wellington, Milford, Rossville and Rankin.

94.1 WGFA