Area High Schools Earn Money Through Scores for Schools Program
Riverside Healthcare's Scores for Schools program gave more than $10,500 to 16 schools throughout Kankakee, Grundy, Iroquois and Will counties.
In celebration of their achievement, coaches and student-athletes from each participating sport were invited to Riverside Medical Center for a check presentation event. Riverside's President and CEO, Phil Kambic, was present to personally commend each school for their success and hand-deliver their checks.
Kambic said, "The Scores for Schools program is a unique opportunity. Riverside is able to recognize student-athletes and area schools for their hard work and commitment, and in turn, each experience Riverside's commitment to investing in the future of their communities, year after year."
Schools have the opportunity to earn $25 for every home varsity football touchdown, $20 for every home volleyball game won, and for those schools without a football program, $10 for every home varsity boys soccer goal.
The participating schools accepted the following amounts:
• Beecher High School - $490
• Bishop McNamara High School - $370
• Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School - $700
• Central High School - $1,025
• Coal City High School - $740
• Grant Park High School - $480
• Herscher High School - $1,040
• Iroquois West High School - $275
• Kankakee High School - $330
• Kankakee Trinity Academy - $500
• Manteno High School - $1,065
• Momence High School - $625
• Peotone High School - $775
• Reed-Custer High School - $540
• Watseka High School - $860
• Wilmington High School - $955
94.1 WGFA / 96.9 AM 1360 WIBK