IDOT suspends non-emergency roadwork to improve traffic flow
The Illinois Department of Transportation announced today the reopening of lanes where possible for the busy Memorial Day weekend to minimize travel disruption. Non-emergency roadwork will be suspended from 3 p.m. Friday, May 25, through 12:01 a.m.Tuesday, May 29.
Work zone speed limits will remain in effect where posted. Please buckle up, put your phone down, avoid distractions and drive sober.
Motorists should be alert, as lane closures in the following locations will remain in place during the holiday weekend:
• Illinois 72 over Tyler Creek in Pingree Grove; lane reductions continue, controlled by traffic signals.
• Illinois 53 over Hickory Creek in Joliet; lane reductions continue.
• Southbound Illinois 171 (State Street) from Eighth Street to 10th Street in Lockport; lane reductions continue.
• Goodenow Road between Illinois 1/Illinois 394 and South Ashland Avenue; closed, detour posted.
• Interstate 55 north of Illinois 23; lane reduction with traffic crossing over continues.
• Illinois 47 north of Gibson City; reduced to one lane, controlled by signals.
• U.S. 45 south of Paxton; closed; detour posted.
• North Street over Interstate 57; closed, detour not posted.
• I-74 westbound between mileposts 188 and 186; lane reductions continue.
94.1 WGFA / 96.9 - AM 1360 WIBK