Attic Fire causes minor damage at home in Melvin

MELVIN — A fire that caused minor damage to the attic of a Melvin home Thursday afternoon appears to have been caused by an electrical issue.

Larry Boundy, chief of the Roberts-Melvin Fire Protection District reported 12 firefighters responded at 1:45 p.m. fire in the attic of a one-story home on Hunt St.

The home's owner, Glenn Netherton, tried using a fire extinguisher to put it out before firefighters' arrival.

Boundy said firefighters were on scene for about an hour and a half.

No injuries were reported.

94.1 FM, WGFA