Energy Assistance Still Available thru Community Action Agency

The East Central Illinois Community Action Agency still has help available for eligible citizens needing help paying power bills. The Agency says whether you heat with electricity, gas, oil or propane there is still some energy assistance funds available for low-income residents who qualify.

Contact the Gilman office at 210 N. Central Street in Gilman or call 815-265-4685.

Help is also available at the Danville office … 56 N. Vermilion Street or call 217-443-2705.

In order to serve customers in a timely manner, however, all customers must have the following information available:

  1. Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days;
  2. A copy of their most recent energy bill;
  3. Social Security cards/or print out for all household members; and
  4. A copy of your lease.

94.1 FM, WGFA