Three fire departments responded to a house fire north of Otterbein Saturday morning. Benton County emergency responders answered the call to South County Road 1200 East around 5 am. Sheriff John Cox reported the fire destroyed a garage and outbuilding but firefighters were able to save the main structure.
Several people and pets inside the home were able to escape. No immediate word on a cause.
Herscher Fire >
A space heater was blamed on a house fire in Herscher. Last Thursday night’s fire was listed as a total loss. Officials reported the fire was in an upstairs bedroom and spread to the attic thru the wall. The family members escaped without injury.