John Gooding is a lifelong resident of Iroquois County. He graduated from Sheldon High School and the University of Illinois with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture. He was in the banking business for many years and graduated from the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin. John and his family continue to operate their Centennial grain and livestock farm. John now resides in Watseka, IL with his wife Tina and is the father of four and grandfather of three.
John is passionate about agriculture and is excited to share his passion with WGFA listeners. He will offer a blend of national, regional, and local information with stories from many people you know. With his quick wit and humor, John is sure to entertain listeners as well as inform them on various topics related to Agriculture.
- Favorite Movie(s): Braveheart, Field of Dreams & John Wayne movies
- Favorite Music: The music I listen to is determined by what I am doing.
- Favorite TV Show(s): Seinfeld, Northern Exposure, NYPD Blue
- Favorite Sports Team(s): CUBS, Bears, Blackhawks & the ILLINI
- Favorite Food: Steaks, Seafood, Italian - depends on who's paying...